Thursday, November 3, 2011

Goodbye Montana, Hello East Coast!

5 months ago I left life as I knew it and moved to Missoula to pursue a career in photography.  I could not have asked for a more fulfilling experience.  The education was amazing, the friends unforgettable, and Missoula was the perfect home away from home.  Time has flown by.  Last Friday I graduated and on Saturday I loaded up my car (literally stuffed to the brim) and left Missoula in my rearview mirror.

I was heartbroken to leave but am already gearing up for my next adventure.  Tomorrow I leave for a one month road trip along the east coast.  Along the way I will visit some of my best friends from Montana, see many parts of the country I have never seen, and indulge in some personal photo projects.  My stops include Chicago, Columbus, Niagara Falls, Montreal, New England, New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and North Carolina.  

As for the next steps in my photography?  For those of you who don't know I have decided to specialize in wedding and portrait photography.  I learned that for me, photos are just more fun when people are in them!  My website is already live and I am ready to start taking portrait clients as soon as I return to Salt Lake City in December!  I will be building my wedding portfolio and launching the wedding side of my business by Fall 2012.  I am already lined up to photograph a wedding in the Dominican Republic in February which I am ecstatic about.  So, if you need any portraits done (family, couples, high school seniors, maternity, newborn, kids, etc.) or know anyone who does check out my website and contact me.

I will continue posting on this blog throughout my road trip but after that I will close this and switch to my professional blog on my website.  I also have a professional facebook page and a linked in page so please follow me on those social media sites if you haven't already!

Here are my group mates throughout the last 5 months.  These are some of the most amazing people I have ever met and the best friends and girl could ask for.  I will miss them!  See you on the road.  




1 comment:

  1. Good luck Alex! You'll do amazing things in your career! I Love you and wish you only the best! (:

    ReplyDelete